Students Offering Support (SOS) is a youth-driven charity that ‘elevates education and ignites leaders’, locally and globally. Since 2008, our programs have been delivered on more than twenty-five campuses across Canada and 12 countries around the world, supporting an engaging 10,000 past volunteers and supporting an estimated 250,000 youth globally. Our most popular programs include: Exam Aids, Outreach Trips, Textbooks for Change, and the MCAT for Social Impact Scholarship!
As a Business Development Associate, you are responsible for developing or maintaining
relationships with local partners to gain financial support for operations and developmental projects. To excel in this position, you must be enthusiastic, professional and a well-spoken individual.
- Developing sponsorship opportunities with local businesses.
- Take your own initiative to sell the SOS organization – tell business representatives why they should sponsor us!
- Obtaining donations to be used as thank-you gifts for SOS volunteers (i.e. movie tickets, gift certificates, coupons, etc.)
- Researching available monetary grants that SOS qualifies for.
- Updating the sponsorship package as needed.
- Building awareness about SOS throughout the local community.
- Creating connections and networking with members in the community, or maintaining contact with sponsors from the past.
- Contacting new businesses on a weekly basis.
- Attending scheduled team meetings
- Give any donations recently collected to your VP.
- Update team on progress made during the previous week
- Brainstorm new benefits for potential sponsors
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional communication skills and email etiquette.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Programs.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
Last modified: March 22, 2021