Students Offering Support (SOS) is a youth-driven charity that ‘elevates education and ignites leaders’, locally and globally. Since 2008, our programs have been delivered on more than twenty-five campuses across Canada and 12 countries around the world, supporting an engaging 10,000 past volunteers and supporting an estimated 250,000 youth globally. Our most popular programs include: Exam Aids, Outreach Trips, Textbooks for Change, and the MCAT for Social Impact Scholarship!
As the Finance Associate(s), you are responsible for your SOS Chapter’s accounting and finances, ensuring the Chapter’s compliance with Revenue Canada’s annual audit for SOS’ charitable status. You will be responsible for executing effective cash collection procedures, ensuring receipts and forms are submitted on time, and other finance-related duties.
- Assisting the VP Finance with financial planning and coordination of all Ryerson SOS
events and budgets
- Assisting other departments with planning and coordination of sponsorship activities
- Documenting receipts received for event material reimbursements
- Collecting cash donations from various exam-aid sessions and recording revenue
- Attending meetings in relations to events and finances
- Assist in tracking, filing, and maintaining documents for legal and audit purposes
- Develop strategies to increase funding for Ryerson SOS
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with various computer programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting.
- Demonstrate high integrity.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to perform financial transactions and analysis.
Last modified: October 17, 2021