Students Offering Support (SOS) is a National Charity that develops and supports Chapters in universities across North America. The SOS model, Raising Marks, Raising Money, Raising Roofs, provides a service within which people place genuine value, and is unlike any other organization. Students Offering Support is a unique social enterprise that relies on the passionate student leaders to create positive impact both at home and abroad. Regardless of position, all Students Offering Support volunteers must thoroughly understand, communicate, and embody SOS’ 360 degree model of volunteering.
As the International Development Associate, you are required to have a deep understanding of SOS’ model of volunteering and outreach trips and be able to communicate about the outreach trips. You will be required to work with both International Development and Marketing to maximize recruitment for our outreach trips.
- Be present at Exam Aid Sessions to briefly explain to the students how SOS is utilizing their fees and provide a general overview of the Outreach trip opportunities to recruit volunteers
- Convey SOS’ outreach trip information and procedures to potential candidates who are looking to go on outreach trips
- Attend meetings as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong Oral and Written communication skills
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn of the educational inequalities in SOS’ partnering countries
- Be able to speak comfortably in front of a group of people
Last modified: October 15, 2018