Students Offering Support (SOS) is a youth-driven charity that ‘elevates education and ignites leaders’, locally and globally. Since 2008, our programs have been delivered on more than twenty-five campuses across Canada and 12 countries around the world, supporting an engaging 10,000 past volunteers and supporting an estimated 250,000 youth globally. Our most popular programs include: Exam Aids, Outreach Trips, Textbooks for Change, and the MCAT for Social Impact Scholarship!
International Development Vice President
As the VP of International Development, you’ll be responsible for engaging other volunteers and your broader campus community to support the global impact of SOS’ programs – especially by supporting the recruitment, preparation, and coordination of SOS Outreach Trip participants!
- Establishing your Annual Trip Recruitment Plan through participation in Goal Setting and Strategic Planning activities with other Executive members throughout the summer
- Participating in Skill Development and Training Sessions with SOS National Head Office and other volunteers from across the country, and and familiarizing yourself with SOS national systems and policies to support effective Chapter operations
- Coordinating a team of Departmental volunteers throughout the year to design and deliver recruitment campaigns for SOS Outreach Trip(s), including class talks, postering campaigns, events, and more!
- Organizing regularly occurring departmental meetings
- Support the selection, preparation and engagement of your Chapter’s Outreach Trip participants;
- Communicate with prospective trip participants to answer trip-related questions;
- Interview and select trip applicants
- Recommend target Trip Leader(s) to SOS Head Office
- Coordinate for trip participants to connect and build community through social media activities, in-person meetings, recruitment and engagement events, etc.
- Develop creative campaigns to build broader campus awareness of the global impact of SOS work
- Attend weekly meetings among the Executive team throughout the year to support cross-departmental collaboration
- Educate all SOS volunteers about the UN’s Sustainable Development #4 (Quality Education) and how it relates to SOS work; as well as the principles and procedures for how SOS selects and manages global projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You are reliable, responsible, and wanting to be part of a high-impact, high-performance team
- You have a hunger to learn and develop in the subject matter areas relating to your position
- You have a willingness to work as a team and individually to accomplish Departmental goals
- You’re passionate about SOS mandate to support student success at both a local and global level
- You have the capacity to meet regularly with your Executive team, departmental volunteers, and SOS’ National Head Office to support achievement of objectives
- Familiarity with SOS’ Operations are an asset; existing knowledge and skills in the subject matter areas relating to your position are a strong asset
Last modified: October 17, 2021