Students Offering Support (SOS) is a youth-driven charity that ‘elevates education and ignites leaders’, locally and globally. Since 2008, our programs have been delivered on more than twenty-five campuses across Canada and 12 countries around the world, supporting an engaging 10,000 past volunteers and supporting an estimated 250,000 youth globally. Our most popular programs include: Exam Aids, Outreach Trips, Textbooks for Change, and the MCAT for Social Impact Scholarship!
As the VP of Marketing, you’ll be managing and motivating a team of volunteers so students on your campus know what SOS has to offer, including our Outreach Trips, Exam Aids, Volunteer Opportunities, and more! Through your leadership, your department will: develop communication materials to support other departments (eg. flyers, posters, videos); deliver creative social media engagement campaigns; and participate in special events (eg. Clubs Fairs, Orientation Week participation) to build awareness of SOS’ programs. This role is critical to the whole Chapter’s efforts to achieve financial and social impact goals
- Establishing your Chapters Annual Marketing Plan through participation in Goal Setting and Strategic Planning activities with other Executive members and SOS National Head Office throughout the summer
- Participating in Skill Development and Training Sessions with SOS National Head Office and other volunteers from across the country, and familiarizing yourself with SOS national systems and policies to support effective Chapter operations
- Coordinate a team of Departmental Directors and other volunteers throughout the year to design and deliver promotional campaigns
- This includes scheduling and hosting regular Departmental Meetings
- Ensuring all key marketing materials are uploaded to the shared Chapter Resources folder
- Tracking, evaluating, and reporting your department’s various campaign’s success
- Troubleshooting to proactively identify and respond to Marketing needs and challenges
- Supporting day-to-day delivery of Marketing Communications, including social media communications, development and distribution of print and video materials, and delivery of additional campaigns (eg. class talks), events, and more!
- Attend weekly meetings among the Executive team throughout the year to support cross-departmental collaboration; including the production of promotional materials and campaigns for Exam Aids, Outreach Trips, and Volunteer Recruitment!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You are reliable, responsible, and want to be part of a high-impact, high-performance team
- You have a hunger to learn and develop in the subject matter areas relating to your position
- You have a willingness to work as a team and individually to accomplish Departmental goals
- You’re passionate about SOS mandate to support student success at both a local and global level
- You have the capacity to meet regularly with your Executive team, departmental volunteers, and SOS’ National Head Office to support the achievement of objectives
- Familiarity with SOS’ Operations are an asset; existing knowledge and skills in the subject matter areas relating to your position are a strong asset
- Availability to contribute to Goal Setting and Strategic Planning activities throughout the summer is an asset
Last modified: March 22, 2021